Smuggler's Pistol

Monday, May 20, 2013


Star Wars has always been my first love when it comes to an engaging universe chock full of props waiting to happen. I hadn't done anything from the SW genre in a long time, so this was the result. It was based off a mid-90s toy blaster I picked up for 25 cents at a garage sale. The poor thing languished in my parts box for some time before I hauled it out and dressed it up. Nothing too special here... just a basic distressing job with oil-rubbed brass kyrlon and some brilliant silver rubbed over the top. I extended the barrel with some lathed aluminum and added a scope from a monstrously accessorized toy Beretta pistol I bought at Walmart. Green acetate went over the lenses of the scope to add some character.

This was a quick and cathartic build, added to by the fact that it was made entirely from things I had lying around in the workroom. I must confess, it's a fun piece. I've been running around the house with this one and shooting at invisible stormtroopers!


0 comments:

Post a Comment